The Webster Wellness Committee is already looking forward to 2018. Here’s a sneak peak:
Kickstarter Weight Loss Challenge – January 17 – February 13.
We will host a private weight loss challenge using “DietBet”, which is an online weight-loss game with financial accountability and concrete goals. DietBet has been incredibly successful, with 93.65% of 570,303 players losing weight during their challenges – for a total loss of 8,179,159 pounds!
Here’s some details for our upcoming challenge:
- Webster Wellness will host a private online community for just Webster participants through DietBet (https://www.dietbet.com)
- Register @ (https://webster.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0SxSgOycgrw1LCt)
- Players will buy-in for $20
- Players “win” by losing 4% of their weight in 4 weeks (28 days). Those who win will be paid back your buy-in fee plus more, depending on how many others reach their goal
- Players can use the online forum as a place to check-in with your fellow players, get tips, and share your own advice
- Official weigh-in and weigh-out is done through two pictures submitted online within a 48-hour window at the start and at the end of the game (weight and pictures will be confidential unless user wants to share them with the community)
- The game is monitored by DietBet Referees, who are the only ones with access to a player’s weight and pictures, although players may choose to share their weight with the community
- Players can also join risk-free, with the option to withdraw during the first 7 days of the game for a full refund
- Note that this challenge is NOT eligible for reimbursement through the Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Kickstarter Rules: https://www.dietbet.com/kickstarter/rules
We will host an Information Session on Wednesday, January 10th from Noon-1p in Sunnen Lounge. Come learn more about Webster’s Kickstarter Weight Loss Challenge! or Join us for the online session @ https://websteru.webex.com, Meeting number: 926-976-428 & Password: Wellness
Destination Wellness – March 28 – April 27
We will have two fitness initiatives in the spring to get you in motion!
- IMPROVE your MOVE: We will challenge our Webster community to work-out 3 times weekly for 30 minutes (or MORE). This is good for those who want to start up their walking schedule again or want to kick it into a higher gear with other types of workouts. Anything that gets your heart rate up for at least 30 minutes consecutively qualifies.
- 2nd Annual Indoor TRY-athlon: We will once again host the indoor TRY-athlon at the Webster University Fitness Center where teams or individuals will have a one week period in late April to run 2 miles, bike 10 miles and swim 400 yards.
More details on both of these fun fitness programs will be available in early March.
This can be a challenging time of year to stick with your wellness goals. We hope this sneak peak helped you know you’ve got some opportunities to look forward to in 2018! Have a wonderful winter holiday break and BE WELL!
— Your Webster Wellness Committee
Questions? Contact: email@example.com
For upcoming events & info, join us on Facebook @ Webster University Wellness