Remembering Joe Ancona, Longtime Faculty Member, Online Advisor

| June 24, 2015
Ancona

Ancona

The Webster University community extends condolences to the family, friends and colleagues of Joe Ancona, longtime adjunct faculty member and advisor, who passed away June 21. An adjunct management instructor at Webster for 34 years and graduate advisor for 25 years, Ancona was known throughout the campus network. He was the first online advisor and designed the first online advising course for staff.

An author, publisher, writer, arbitrator, small business owner and entrepreneur, he was an advocate for international education and a valuable advisor to the working student.

Visitation and services are scheduled for Friday and Saturday, June 26-27, in St. Louis. See the Schrader Funeral Home site for service details, to read his obituary, or to sign the Ancona family’s online guestbook.

Tags:

Comments (2)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. Tom Nickolai says:

I remember Joe Ancona as the consummate advisor. He was welcoming, patient, considerate, and a strong student advocate. He always remembered the little things and always sent messages on birthdays and anniversaries. He was the model adjunct, someone in retirement who took great satisfaction in being part of the university. He was kind, compassionate and funny though sometimes I think he sent me every joke he ever heard. I shall miss him.

2. Janice Neal says:

Mr. Ancona was one of my instructors during my graduate program. His smile and words of encouragement was the prescription I needed to overcome obstacles and gain confidence after being out of the classroom for many years. He was very easy to talk to and always had a story to tell. He will be missed.