Remembering Chris Heilman, Longtime Webster Director

| May 19, 2015
Heilman

Heilman

The Webster University community extends sympathies to the family, friends and colleagues of Chris Heilman, longtime director of Webster’s McConnell Air Force Base and Fort Stewart/Fort Hunter campus locations. After a long illness, she passed away peacefully on Friday, May 15. Services will be Tuesday, May 19, at 2 p.m. at St. Frances Cabrini Catholic Church in Savannah, Georgia.

Heilman joined Webster as the director at McConnell in 1981 and moved to the Fort Stewart campus location in 2010, where she retired in 2014. She also earned her master’s from Webster.

“Chris had such a passion for Webster and her students,” said Beth Russell, assistant provost for graduate studies. “She was a mentor and friend to her fellow directors, and was tireless in her efforts to take Webster to the next level of excellence.”

View an obituary and online guestbook here.

Tags:

Comments (1)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. Shari Sawyer says:

I will miss Chris a lot. Every time I eat at Cunetto’s Pasta House on The Hill, I will certainly think of her. She would tell me on the phone that she was “having Cunetto withdrawals.” She really liked going there. She was quite a lady and she will be missed by all!