Six Webster University students are among the winners after the Press Club of Metropolitan St. Louis reported a record number of applications for Press Club and Journalism Foundation 2013 scholarships.
Claudia Burris, Webster University senior editor/photojournalist and the Press Club’s vice president of scholarships, will join judging panelists Rick Stoff, Joe Kenny and representatives from Journalism Foundation funders, in recognizing the scholarship winners at a July 18 luncheon at the Norman Probstein Golf Clubhouse in Forest Park.
Scholarship recipients in the Webster University School of Communications include:
- $2,500 Press Club Media Scholarship – Sam Masterson
- $2,000 Nancy Miller Journalism Scholarship – Daniel Bauman
- $1,000 Press Club Martin P. Quigley Journalism Scholarship – Kelly Boruff
- $1,000 Webster-Kirkwood Times/Webster University Journalism Foundation Scholarship – Sierra Hancock,
- $1,000 West End Word/Webster University Journalism Foundation Scholarship – Kelly Kriegshauser,
- $1,000 Press Club Spring Intern Scholarship – Alexy Irving
Additional scholarships awarded included a $5,000 David S. Lipman Scholarship, three $1,000 Press Club Summer Internship Scholarships, a $1,500 Fleishman-Hillard Journalism Foundation Scholarship, a $1,000 Missouri Professional Communicators Journalism Foundation Scholarship and a $1,000 Mathews-Dickey Boys and Girls’ Club Scholarship.