This year’s Human Rights Conference: Refugee & Migrant Rights will be held Thursday and Friday, April 19-20, in the University Center on Webster University’s home campus in St. Louis, Mo.
The conference brings together experts, scholars and students to examine how local, national and global communities respond to the needs of refugees and those fleeing generalized violence, civil war, extreme poverty, or natural disaster.
The keynote address Thursday night will feature Ivan Gayton of Medecins Sans Frontiers (Doctors Without Borders).
Other notable visitors include:
- Anna Crosslin, International Institute of Saint Louis
- Bill Frelick, Human RIghts Watch Refugee Program
- Alison Mountz, Wilfrid Laurier University
- Larry Yungk, U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees
- Peter van Krieken, Webster University Leiden