GIE Information Session Oct. 12

| October 10, 2011

The Global Internship Experience (GIE) (www.webster.edu/gie) welcomes students, faculty and staff to learn more about transformative internship opportunities around the world. For more than 30 years, the GIE has challenged aspiring young professionals from around the world to put their academic training to work through customized internship placements. Is 2012 the year your students take advantage?

Learn more about new opportunities in 2012 from GIE director Jennifer White and assistant director Stephanie Kessler at a special information session Wednesday, Oct. 12, noon – 1 p.m. in the University Center conference room.

The GIE has successfully expanded student horizons by offering qualified applicants eight-week, full-time internship placements in Austria, China, Germany, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, Switzerland and the United Kingdom for decades. Interns agree that global internships are having a transformative impact on their professional and personal development, as well as on host organizations and communities.

“My internship with the GIE allowed me to dive headfirst into international business,” says Katherine Dockery, who interned with the American Chamber of Commerce in Monterrey, and the Centro Empresarial de Jalisco, S.P (COPARMEX) in Guadalajara.

“I had a better understanding of both the American and Mexican business markets and cultures. Looking back on my internship, I know that now I am able to think more critically, communicate in Spanish more effectively, and understand business practices in Latin America.” says Dockery.

Do you know a young professional ready to take that next step in their career growth? Join White and Kessler for the information session Oct. 12.  For more on the GIE go to www.webster.edu/gie.