This year, we are hosting a Webster Wellness Week the week of September 16th, culminating in our second annual Webster Wellness Fair held Thursday, Sept. 19, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Grant Gymnasium.
WEBSTER WELLNESS WEEK SCHEDULE
- Monday 9/16 Brown Bag Lunch on “Outcomes from the 2012 Annual Employee Health Assessment” presented by Eric Goedereis, PhD, Assistant Professor, Behavioral and Social Science with an introduction by Betsy Schmutz, AVP & Chief HR Officer and administrator sponsor of Webster Wellness. The meeting was held at Noon-1p in Sunnen Lounge or others joined by WebEx. Click on the link to see/hear the recorded presentation (there was some technical difficulties, but overall worth the listen!).
- Tuesday 9/17 Yoga demonstration presented by Clayton Yoga, Noon-1p in Sunnen Lounge or videotaped for later viewing
- Wednesday 9/18 UnitedHealthcare Employee Biometric Screening (BMI, blood pressure, blood sugar, total cholesterol fasting screening for Health Assessment screening plus consult about Diabetes Prevention), 8:30a -11:30a in Sunnen Lounge. Register in advance online — employees participating in UHC will receive an email from Human Resources with further details.
- Thursday 9/19 Webster Wellness Fair, Grant Gymnasium 11a to 1p
- Exhibitors – internal and external community organizations like Diversity Awareness Partnership, Committed to Health Chiropractic Center, YMCA, Go! St. Louis and more!
- Fitness Demonstrations such as yoga, Crossfit, personal training, boxing and the Webster Chess Team
- Recess area!
- Free Chair Massages by Back-to-Work
- Free Food Samples featuring the #gorlokstrong Bike Blender!
- Attendance prizes given away every 15 minutes at the fair with Grand Prize entries for Fair participants with a chance at one of six fitness prizes like a Garmin multisport Forerunner 910XT watch or Polar heart rate monitor (Extended sites submit your request for entry to firstname.lastname@example.org)
5. Thursday, 9/19 BJC Community Health Screening for students and non-UHC employees ONLY (blood pressure, blood sugar, total cholesterol, consult with an RN) held in Sunnen Lounge 11a-1p. Sign up in advance.
6. Thursday, 9/19 Healthy Happy Hour Open sand volleyball play for students, faculty and staff starting from 3-7p at the Sand Volleyball Court by the University Center.
The goal of Webster Wellness is to encourage you make positive life-style changes that will help improve your overall health and well-being. Wellness isn’t trivial — keep pursuing it by participating in this year’s Webster Wellness Week!
Contact email@example.com with any questions or suggestions!