Webster Wellness hopes you have had a wonderful summer and are looking forward to a fantastic academic year at Webster University! This year’s Webster Wellness theme is “Wired for Wellness” and we already have our planning underway so want to highlight a few upcoming events:
Moonlight Ramble – August 29/30 – All Invited
Enjoy biking…under the stars? Sign up for this year’s Moonlight Ramble, the longest running nighttime bike ride in the US and an annual tradition with thousands of riders taking to the streets of St. Louis at midnight under the light of the moon. The event starts at 12:01 a.m. on Sunday August 30th, but you’ll want to arrive on Saturday night August 29th to get set up. There is a registration and a fee associated, so you’ll want to check this out in advance. If you do decide to go, then let us know at email@example.com so we can plan a meet-up with you!
Involvement Fair – Wednesday, Sept. 2 (Students Only)
We’ll be at this year’s Involvement Fair handing out Mindful Mile t-shirts to students who can tell us how they are “Wired for Wellness”. Join us between 11a and 2p in the Quad!
Weight Watchers Orientation – Thursday, Sept. 3 (Employees Only)
We are continuing this on-site program, assuming we have at least 15-20 participants. Join us Thursday, Sept. 3 at 11:30a in the Webster Groves Room, Webster Hall for an introduction to the fall/winter session which will start the subsequent Thursday, Sept. 10th (same time/location), lasting 17 weeks plus an additional 2 weeks of e-tools online support. UHC members pay $93 (the other $93 reimbursed via the Employee Wellness Reimbursement program) and non-UHC members pay $186.
4th Annual Webster Wellness Fair – Wednesday, Sept. 16 – All Invited
Join us in Grant Gym between 10:30a and 1:30p to get “Wired for Wellness”
- Get connected with local and Webster Wellness exhibitions and vendors and plug into available screenings
- Reboot at our recess area and tap into your creativity in our art area
- Experience healthy food samples, including the #gorlokstrong bike blender smoothie
- Check out fitness demos like Tai Chi, Yoga and Boxing – 11:30 a.m., 12:15 p.m. and 1 p.m.
- Chill with FREE chair massages – first come, first serve
- Reap the reward with Door Prizes (every 30 minutes) and Grand Prize drawings (Extended sites, submit your entry through firstname.lastname@example.org)
Employee Wellness Reimbursement – next deadline Wednesday, September 30
This program is still going strong – submit your receipts and participation for wellness activities or programs you’ve done in 2016 if you are a UHC member and be reimbursed 50% up to $100 this quarter. Submissions can be sent any time to email@example.com.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org