Pumpkin Spice Protein Shake
1 1/4 scoops Chocolate Protein Powder
1/4 cup Canned Pumpkin
1/4 cup Oats (raw measurement)
1 TB Cocoa Powder
Pumpkin Pie Spice
Zero cal-carb Sweetener of choice
Blend protein powder, water, ice, pumpkin, oats, and desired amount of cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and zero cal-carb sweetener of choice to desired shake consistency.
Top with 1 TB fat free Cool Whip and Enjoy!
Or if you don’t do the protein shakes:
Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
- 1 scoop protein powder ( I would use vanilla for this one)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (or 1/4 tsp pumpkin spice + 1/4 tsp cinnamon)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup + 2tbs water
- 3-5 packets stevia (or 1/2-1 tbs sweetener of choice)
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth!
2. Meanwhile, heat a nonstick griddle (or large nonstick skillet) coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto griddle. Turn pancakes over when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Serve warm!
354 calories, 44 carbs, 6g fat 34 g protein
I usually use Brummel and Brown to cover them. No syrup necessary.
Courtesy of “Chef” Leo Hertling, Assistant Director, Financial Aid Office