Benjamin Akande Named President of Westminster College

| May 8, 2015
Akande

Akande

Dean of the George Herbert Walker School of Business & Technology and Chief of the Office of Corporate Partnerships, Benjamin Akande, has been named the new president of Westminster College in Fulton, Missouri. He begins his new post on July 1.

Akande started at Webster in 2000 and served as tenured faculty member, as well as in administrative leadership.

“As the leader of Webster’s largest college, Benjamin has played a pivotal role in the development of the Walker School as we know it today,” said Julian Schuster, Webster University’s Provost, Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer. “His international experience and strong leadership will serve him well in his new position.”

“I congratulate Benjamin on his appointment as Westminster’s president,” said Elizabeth (Beth) J. Stroble, President of Webster. “His ability to forge relationships is remarkable and his leadership in building the Office of Corporate Partnerships has made a difference for Webster.”

“I am humbled and grateful for this opportunity,” Akande said. “I take great pride in my years with Webster and will always treasure the camaraderie and collegiality I enjoy in the Walker School and in Webster worldwide.”

Westminster College is the nation’s eighth-highest ranked small liberal arts college for percentage of international students. Its student population consists of nearly 1,000 students from 28 U.S. states and 76 countries worldwide.

Akande’s last day with Webster will be June 30.

Tags:

Comments (5)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. Debra Carpenter says:

Congratulations! It was great having you as a colleague dean through all those years and meetings. I wish you the very best as you take on this responsibility. I know you’ll knock their socks off, Benjamin. Debra

2. Rosemary Kelley says:

As a Webster staffer and parent of a Westminster student, I look forward to seeing the strong Blue Jay successes continue under President Akande’s presidency.

3. Linda Angelina Stevens says:

I graduated with a Master of Arts in Procurement and Acquisitions Management from the George Herbert Walker School of Business & Technology. I feel that your strong leadership as Dean was pivotal to my successful completion of the program. Congratulations on your new appointment. And God bless you!

4. Kim Porter Ousley-Director of the Fort Sill Campus (2002-2006) says:

It was such a pleasure working with you. You made me want to be a better director with your leadership and high expectations from the field as well as on campus. God Speed to you and your family as you move on to change more lives.

5. Hoot Gibson says:

Congratulations!

I expect to see continued great things from you. Your motivational attitude was contagious among the extended campus directors and was a refreshing experience to all.