I-Fest Celebrates ‘Rhythms of the World’: International Diversity Showcase April 17

| April 1, 2015
I-Fest 2014

The annual I-Fest celebrates and showcases the international diversity of Webster University at the Webster Groves campus, where Webster was founded in 1915.

The Multicultural Center and International Student Affairs (MCISA) invite the Webster community to join them Friday, April 17, from 4:30-7:30 p.m. in the University Center’s Grant Gymnasium for the annual Webster University International Festival (I-Fest.)

Each year, I-Fest celebrates and showcases the international diversity of Webster University, providing Webster University international students an opportunity to be ambassadors for cross-cultural sharing.

I-Fest 2015 welcomes Kotchegna Dance Company to perform a captivating array of dances traditional to the Ivory Coast (Cote d’Ivoire) and the St. Louis Osuwa Taiko drum troupe to learn drum techniques from Japan.

Join us to learn international dances, drum techniques and enjoy a taste of foods as we celebrate this years theme, “Rhythms of the World.”

I-Fest 2014

Volunteers are sought to help set up and decorate as attendees learn international dances, drum techniques and sample foods from around the world.

Check out videos of Kotchegna Dance Company at and St. Louis Osuwa Taiko.

I-Fest Volunteers Needed

Volunteers (students, faculty and staff) are needed to help with all aspects of the festival, including decorations, dance workshops, food education and more. If you would like to volunteer your time and energy to I-Fest, please sign up online to volunteer.

I-Fest is sponsored by the MCISA and the Student Activity Fee.  For more information, visit the MCISA blog.

Tags: ,