Home for the Holidays: Student takes MyWebsterU home to Sri Lanka

| December 22, 2014
MyWebsterU: Sri Lanka

This week on the MyWebsterU Instagram account, a student takes us on a visit to her home in Sri Lanka.

“There’s no place like home for the holidays,” and that’s where many Webster University students are headed now that the fall term has come to an end. One of them, Suhani Fernando, will take us on a tour of her home country of Sri Lanka as she reunites with family and friends.

This week Fernando is the student running the MyWebsterU Instagram account, which gives visitors a glimpse into the lives and experiences of Webster University students.

Fernando introduced herself to start off the week: “I am an Economics & Finance double major at WebsterU STL. I am currently home for Christmas and I am glad I get to show you my life in Sri Lanka this week! Hope you enjoy it!”

Follow along as she shows family and community traditions and reconnects with old friends.

The MyWebsterU account was created by Global Marketing & Communications specifically to showcase the Webster University experience through the eyes of students and social media.

Each week, a different student takes over the account to post photos from classes, campus activities, performances, athletic events, travel, work and everything else that makes up their unique Webster University experience. You don’t need an Instagram account to follow the photos.

MyWebsterU: Sri Laka

“This morning I helped out at the Christmas party at the Senehasa Children’s Resource Center, a clinic for children with special needs where I volunteer…”

Tags: ,