Snapshot: LA AFB Student Finds Webster in Thailand

| June 5, 2013
Church

Church

Jason Church knew Webster University was globally connected while earning his MBA at the Los Angeles Air Force Base campus location.

But he never expected to run into his alma mater while visiting Thailand.

Church, an officer in the U.S. Air Force, tells the story:

“I rented a motorbike near Hua Hin, a beach resort outside of Bangkok. While returning from a Thai temple, I saw signs for … Webster University!

“When I arrived, I spoke with the gate guards about entering the campus and explained I had attended Webster in the U.S. I was granted access. I briefly talked to the staff and walked around their campus. They were all quite friendly and helpful.”

Church speaks Thai thanks to his experience as an exchange officer with the Royal Thai Air Force in 2007. But on his visit to his second Webster campus, he learned how programs at Webster Thailand are taught in English, as they are at each Webster international campus.

On the unexpected stop, he shared his own experiences from the military and from his MBA studies with Webster in L.A. For staff and student alike, a serendipitous example of Webster’s truly global network.

Tags:

Comments (1)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. As a recruiter I travel to Delhi quite regularly and on two very strange occasions I came across Webster Graduates very unexpectedly.
    Once, I was simply having my dinner at Khan Market after a fair and an elderly American couple approached me and said out loud “Hi Webster” (I was wearing a Webster University Polo-shirt for the event). Then they mentioned that they attended St. Louis campus about 32 years back and that they were holidaying in India.
    Very recently at a fair, I was counseling a student and suddenly a gentleman approached the booth and literally took over the counseling from me. I was quite taken aback, but I didn’t stop him. When the 15 minute-long “Why Webster” sales pitch was concluded by the stranger, he turned towards me and gave me his card. He was the President of a reputed Indian University (the card read). Then he said he graduated from a Webster metro campus some 15 years back and went on to do his PhD. He mentioned to me that he didn’t know of Webster campuses in Thailand. We are currently exploring options to collaborate between the campuses.