March 2013 Employees of the Month

| April 1, 2013

Lisa Davis, representative, School of Education, and Rebecca Rathburn, representative, Sarasota Metropolitan Campus, Fla., share the Employee Spotlight honors for March 2013.

Lisa Davis

Lisa Davis has been with Webster two years and in her current position for six months. “In that extremely short amount of time and with little training, Lisa has become vital to our department,” says her nominator. “She routinely takes care of things ahead of time and is pro-active in addressing issues before they become problems.”

In addition to her proficiency, Lisa is “truly delightful” to work with — “always upbeat and professional, making everyone’s job easier.”

Lisa says what she loves most about her job is that no two days are the same. “I work with amazing people who make it a joy to come to work each day and in a very small way, I feel like I’m making a difference.”

Receiving appreciative emails from students for her assistance and watching them graduate after working with them throughout the year are her best rewards.

Lisa chose the $100 savings bond as her prize.

Rebecca Rathburn

Rebecca Rathburn‘s was nominated for the Spotlight Award for taking on the role of “project manager” during recent renovations at the Sarasota campus. During the “extreme make-over,” walls were painted, carpeting was installed, student chairs were replaced and exterior and interior signage were updated.

Among the many tasks Rebecca handled was coordinating the moving of a 16-station computer lab — “all done with impeccable timing and the coordination of a seasoned professional.”

Her help was especially appreciated because the renovations took place during  a time when everyone on campus was focused on student recruitment. “The Sarasota Metro team is grateful for Rebecca’s help and proud to have her acknowledged as an Employee Spotlight winner.”

“People are what I enjoy most about my job and working at Webster,” says Rebecca. “Most important to me are our graduate students and Webster associates.”

Commencement is a very meaningful time for Rebecca. “I view it as our time to say ‘Thank you for a job well done!’ to our graduates, It’s a time that I reflect on their years at Webster, from their initial admission application to degree completion. Being a part of this wonderful celebration makes me proud to witness their accomplishments.”

Rebeca says she looked on the campus make-over as part of her responsibilities as site representative, “albeit a major undertaking.”

“With so many great Webster employees, I was surprised and sincerely appreciate being chosen as an Employee Spotlight Award recipient.”

Rebecca chose a day off with pay as her prize.

Tags: