In the News: Webster Alumnus Ross ’05, Starz Producer

| September 6, 2012

Ross in a replica DeLorean time machine for Encore’s “Into the Scene” for the “Back to the Future” trilogy shoot.

Alumnus Todd Ross ’05 is currently working as an associate producer for Starz Entertainment, the Starz and Encore family of premium cable channels.

Ross’ Galesburg upbringing and “really cool job” is profiled in  “Jay Talking: Life as a Starz producer: That’s entertainment!,” Sept. 5, 2012, Galesburg Register-Mail online.

The article quotes Ross, who describes how his Webster education paved the way for his role at Starz:

“I moved to Denver in 2005 after graduating from Webster University in St. Louis with my BA in Video Production. After working freelance for a couple different reality shows, I got my foot in the door with Starz Entertainment.

“I’ve been with the company since 2005 and am extremely proud to be working in my chosen field. As part of our Creative Services team, I pitch concepts for new ideas, write scripts, produce promos, direct shoots, and screen movies and our original programming. I work with all types of content — from our original series to family titles and everything in between. I’m surrounded by some of the most talented people in the industry.”

Tags: ,