August 2012 Employees of the Month

| August 30, 2012

Donna Franquemont, graphic designer, Global Marketing & Communications, and Shelley Krahl, representative, Orlando Metropolitan Campus, Fla., share the Employee Spotlight honors for August 2012.

Franquemont

Donna Franquemont‘s nominator describes her work as “always exceptional, with Webster and its outside constituents in mind.”

“I feel fortunate to have discovered Donna’s wonderful graphic art talent soon after I joined Webster,” the nominator says. “Over the years, I found out just how dedicated she is to her craft, this institution and all those she helps on a daily basis.

“Her positive attitude is just a bonus.”

Donna was hired 12 years ago by the Marketing Dept. (now Global Marketing & Communications) as a desktop publishing representative who also did demographic research.

First and foremost, Donna says, she enjoys the people she works with. “They are all amazing and like family to me.” Secondly, she enjoys the challenges that come with her job. “Everyday it’s something new.”

“We do a lot of work for the extended campuses, so when I receive an email that simply says, ‘You rock!’ I know
I’ve done a good job.”

Her colleagues agree that Donna “rocks” every day.

Donna chose a day off with pay as her prize.

Krahl

Shelley Krahl joined the Orlando campus six years ago as administrative assistant to the regional academic director and has worked with Academic Affairs for five years.

Shelley’s nominator says she “has a huge job,” citing her responsibility for the compilation of Orlando’s online course schedule, which includes more than 100 courses.

“She communicates with each instructor about the classes and nights they prefer and then juggles the data so it is most beneficial to the students and cost effective for the campus.”

In addition, Shelley assists with faculty meetings, enrollment management, student services and academic advising. “Her systems are flawless and her work is always ahead of schedule,” says her nominator.

She also assists with marketing by suggesting new initiatives and is involved in every facet of extended campus administration. “She is an enthusiastic and invaluable employee and most deserving of this award.”

Shelley feels honored to have her position with Webster, but says without the friendly, knowledgeable and professional support of the staff, management and faculty, her job would be just another job.

“The culture of higher education attracted my attention many years ago when I had the opportunity to work for Webster in a temporary staffing capacity,” Shelley says. “I continued to pursue openings at Webster in hopes of securing a permanent position, and finally my hopes became reality.”

“Now I not only have a rewarding and challenging position, but also enjoy and appreciate the opportunity to continue my education as part of the benefits,” Shelley says. “Working for a dynamic organization like Webster is a joy, day-in and day-out.”

Shelley chose a day off with pay as her prize.

Tags: