Longtime partners and neighbors, Webster University and Eden Theological Seminary, both have new Master Plans that will help to build sustainable futures for both institutions. The plans call for expanded use of Eden space by Webster University and continued shared use of physical assets and infrastructure, as well a continuation of integrated program offerings. [See Webster’s Master Planning website here.]
A few vocal individuals have made themselves heard at Webster Groves City Council meetings urging passage of Bill No. 8753, a bill that restricts the use of the Eden campus and is contrary to the Master Plans of both institutions. Webster University has invested heavily in our community and now asks our City Council members to consider our request and vote no on Bill 8753. The third and final reading of this bill is scheduled for the Sept. 4 City Council meeting at 7:30 pm.
We urge you to contact Webster Groves City Council members and encourage them to vote no on Bill 8753. Here are some options:
- Send a letter or email to each member of Webster Groves City Council indicating your support of Webster and Eden and encourage them to vote no on Bill 8753.
- Send a letter to the editor of the Webster-Kirkwood Times, 122 W Lockwood Ave. 63119, or email firstname.lastname@example.org and the Webster Groves Patch, email@example.com, indicating your support of Webster University and Eden Seminary.
- Call City Hall (314) 963-5300) and leave a message encouraging City Council members to vote no on Bill 8753.
- Send a fax to City Hall at (314) 963-7561 requesting City Council vote no on Bill 8753.
- Come to the Webster Groves City Council meeting at City Hall, (4 E. Lockwood Ave. Webster Groves, MO, 63119) on Sep. 4 at 7 p.m. (meeting begins at 7:30 p.m. and voice your support for Webster University and Eden Seminary.
- Submit a letter online and it will be sent directly to City Hall.
See this Public Information document [PDF] for more information. For questions, contact Barb Ehnes, director of Community Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-565-5744.