Recent achievements and media appearances by Webster University faculty include:
• Jubin Goodarzi, professor of international relations at Webster University’s Geneva campus, was quoted on the prospect of civil war in Syria for an article by U.N. news service IRIN, which appeared at GlobalSecurity.org.
• Associate vice president of Academic Affairs and director of International Programs Grant Chapman‘s picks for visiting Vienna were published in the October 2011 issue of St. Louis Magazine in the article, “Want to Really Get Away,” by Jeanette Cooperman.
• Communications and journalism chair and professor Joe Schuster wrote the cover story for the most recent issue of the St. Louis Cardinals’ official publication, GAMEDAY, a look at Hall of Famer Stan Musial’s major league debut in 1941. He also contributed five articles to the team’s official 2011 yearbook, for the featured section on the Cardinals’ all-time best 25-man roster.
• Chair of International Languages and Cultures Paula Hanssen presented the paper, “Bertolt Brecht and Women Colleagues in Hollywood: ‘It serves the unprosperous, unsuccessful as hell’ (Hollywood Elegies),” at the International Feuchtwanger Society Conference at the University of Southern California, Sept. 14-16, “To stay or not to stay? German-speaking exiles in Southern California after 1945.”
• Sports economist and business professor Patrick Rishe was interviewed recently about the future of the Big East on AOL.com NCAAF Sporting News [video link here] and on St. Louis Fox 2 concerning the possible realignment of the NCAA and move of Mizzou to the SEC [video link here].