School of Business News: Caprice Moore Selected to Leadership St. Louis Class

| June 2, 2011
Moore

One of America’s most highly-respected development programs has asked a Webster University leader to join its ranks. Caprice Moore, director of operations for the Walker School of Business, has been selected by the Board of Directors for Focus St. Louis to join Leadership St. Louis’ Class of 2011-2012.

“This is a much deserved public validation for an outstanding person who has been leading from where she is at the Walker School for a long time,” Dr. Benjamin Ola. Akande, dean of the Walker School of Business & Technology, said upon hearing the news.

“Caprice deserves the recognition of participating in St. Louis’ preeminent leadership project and Leadership St. Louis will be better because of her inclusion.”

Leadership St. Louis is based on the principle that communities need strong leadership to grow and flourish. Past graduates of the program include CEOs, business owners, public servants, educators, attorneys and nonprofit executives with a dedication and deep commitment to improving their community. The nine-month program guides a selected group of recognized leaders through seminars on challenges critical to the region to help them search for solutions to issues such as economic development, poverty, racism and education.

“The program selection is highly competitive and I’m honored to be selected,” said Moore. “The Leadership St. Louis experience will enhance my ability to create new and different solutions to challenges here at Webster. In exchange I’ll be bringing to the group my expertise in working within diverse populations, programs and educational experiences.”

Moore has a bachelor’s degree in human resources and a masters degree in gerontology from Webster University,  and is currently enrolled in the Walker School of Business’ doctorate of management program.  In addition to her work with the Leadership St. Louis Class of 2011-2012, Moore tutors young adults in reading and life skills. She also volunteers her time with the deaf and St. Louis’ senior citizens.

Comments (8)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. Jennifer Gammage says:

Congratulations Caprice! No one deserves it more!

2. Nickie Greenwood says:

Congratulations Caprice! I am really pleased you won this recognition.
    I have happy memories of my visit to St. Louis in March last year within the framework of the global staff exchange program and appreciated the warm welcome you gave me on that occasion.

Best wishes,

Nickie Greenwood (Webster Geneva)

3. Congratulations Caprice!

4. Dianne Koehnecke says:

Congratulations, Caprice!

5. Congratulations Caprice! It’s an honor and privilege and  you’ve earned it. I’m sure you’ll make the most of it. Good luck!

6. Dana Jones says:

Congrats Caprice! This does not surprise me, you are an outstanding leader!  

7. Pat Froeckmann says:

Congratulations, Caprice.

8. Mindy Lewis says:

Congratulations Caprice!  What an honor!