Webster Film Series: ‘My Own Private Idaho’

| May 12, 2011

My Own Private Idaho

The Webster Film Series this weekend presents a 20th anniversary screening of My Own Private Idaho, a 1991 film featuring the late River Phoenix and Keanu Reeves.

Screening: May 13, 14 & 15 at 7:30 p.m.
Location: Winifred Moore Auditorium

My Own Private Idaho

(Gus Van Sant, 1991, USA, 104 min)

River Phoenix and Keanu Reeves star in director Gus Van Sant’s haunting tale of two young street hustlers: Mike Waters, a sensitive narcoleptic who dreams of the mother who abandoned him, and Scott Favor, wayward son of the mayor of Portland and the object of Mike’s desire.

Navigating a volatile world of junkies, thieves, and johns, Mike takes Scott on a quest from the grungy streets to the open highways of the Pacific Northwest, in search of an elusive place called “home.”

Groundbreaking and visually dazzling, My Own Private Idaho is a stirring look at unrequited love and life at society’s margins.

For the full calendar: www.webster.edu/filmseries.

Admission is $6 for the general public, $5 for seniors, students from other schools and Webster alumni, and $4 for Webster University staff and faculty unless otherwise noted. All films screened in Moore Auditorium on the campus of Webster University, 470 E. Lockwood, Webster Groves, Mo., unless noted.

The Webster University Film Series receives funding from the Missouri Arts Council – a state agency, the Regional Arts Commission, and the Arts and Education Council of Greater St. Louis.

Tags: