Crossing Borders Education – Resources for Intercultural and Interracial Dialogue
At Webster University, our mission to transform students for global citizenship and individual excellence is grounded in high quality learning experiences. The Crossing Borders Education package provides tools and resources to encourage transformational learning for students, faculty and staff in the development of critical thinking skills, cross cultural communication skills and empathy for others both within the classroom and in co-curricular experiences.
With a strong focus on skill building through supporting and facilitating dialogue across difference, the three films in the Crossing Borders Trilogy open up lines of communication, demonstrate the power of listening and learning, and follow the experiences of diverse groups of college students as they live, travel and connect with one another.
Our multi-year license includes screening rights for the three films, facilitator manuals, and online toolkits available now in the Webster University Library Catalog and through the Crossing Borders Education website.
All three films are available to stream through the University Library. DVD copies are available to check out of Crossing Borders and The Dialogue.
Webster University Library – Resource Links
- Crossing Borders Film: http://bridges.searchmobius.org:80/record=b1824033~S9
- American Textures Film: http://bridges.searchmobius.org:80/record=b2337344~S9
- The Dialogue Film: http://bridges.searchmobius.org:80/record=b2337336~S9
- Online Toolkits (Facilitator Manuals and Training Plans) at http://crossingborders.education/resources/toolkits/
Take the Survey to report how you are using Crossing Borders Education resources.
- First Year Seminar discussion activities
- Resident Assistant training
- Connection Leader training (peer mentoring)
- Learning Communities
- Global Citizenship Program courses
For more information, please contact Bethany Keller, Assistant Director MCISA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-246-7649.
The CBE Curriculum Package is designed to embed intercultural sessions within curriculum to internationalize and diversify perspectives in any discipline. As the director and producer, Arnd Wachter explains in his curriculum package instructions:
Webster University Campus Events Photo Albums
On Campus Screenings – Fall 2015
Conference – Spring 2016
Critical Conversations 2016