I-Fest 2013

Posted Posted by femmenic in News & Events     Comments 1 Comment
Mar
18

Join us on Friday, April 12 from 5-8pm in the UC Grant Gymnasium.

The annual Webster University International Festival, or I Fest, is held each year in April. The annual exposition features food, music, dance, and displays, representing many different countries and cultures. The Multicultural Center and International Student Affairs presents I Fest each year to celebrate and showcase the international diversity of Webster University.

This year, travel through an extravagant cultural bazaar with booths representing different regions from around the world.   From 5-7pm I-Fest will showcase cultural activities, food, henna, crafts, jewelry making,  fashion, and for the first time, visitors can purchase items at our Fair Trade Marketplace.

At 7pm, complete your I-Fest experience with a spellbinding performance by gypsy jazz group, Caravan of Thieves!  Driving gypsy jazz rhythms, acoustic guitars, upright bass and violin lay the foundation for mesmerizing vocal harmonies and fantastic stories.  To find out more about the I-Fest headliner click here!

We can’t host I-Fest without you! We need you to help make this event a truly fun, educational, and interactive event for all.  We are looking for students who want to share their culture and/or help with the event.

There are many ways you can contribute.

• Brainstorm activities and decorations for the cultural booths
  • Volunteer to work for an hour or more at cultural booths
  • Create amazing decorations for the gym and booths
  • Volunteer to write our guests’ names in your native language
  • Suggest or bring in music from your home country
  • Recommend foods you love from home
  • Help set up and/or clean up
  • And more….

To sign up to help, please click HERE and give us your thoughts and ideas! 

Learn more about I-Fest and view video from past years here.

1 Comment to “I-Fest 2013”